Believe it or not I do eat healthy food. With all the fattening recipes and desserts I post you wouldn’t think so, but I do. I never serve a meal without some type of veggie, and we eat salads a lot. Even my kids love them.
We went out to lunch with my Dad and sister a few weeks ago, and when the waiter came to take our order my 3 year old, Kallen, shouts to the waiter, “Me want a salad!” Everyone busted up laughing. It was so funny, but he was serious! When the waiter brought out our food, Kallen was a happy camper munchin’ on his lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers 🙂
This Chef Salad I’m sharing today is one of my favorites. It’s a basic Chef Salad, but what makes it so awesome is the dressing I serve with it. It’s a combo of delicious Honey Mustard with Creamy Poppy Seed dressing mixed in. It is incredible!
A classic Chef salad with a super easy and delicious Honey Mustard dressing!
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- ½ pound Honey Ham, sliced
- ½ pound Oven Roasted Turkey, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cucumber sliced
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup mayo
- 4 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup prepared Creamy Poppy seed dressing (optional)
- For Dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix together with a whisk until creamy and combined. Store covered in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving. (The longer the better)
- Directions for salad: Layer salad ingredients in two separate bowls. Starting with lettuce. Then top with sliced tomato, ham, cheese, turkey, cucumber and eggs. Serve with honey mustard dressing. Enjoy ♥