Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes have all the flavors of the classic sandwich served over baked potatoes. So easy, so delicious!
When a Chicken Cheesesteak cheats on a hoagie bun with a baked potato this is what you’ll get; the yummiest dinner in the whole wide world! Yep, I’m serious. These potatoes are amazing!
I’ve been craving naughty foods ever since this diet of mine started (of course). A cheesesteak sandwich has been invading my brain in particular, so I got to thinking, I can get what I want I’ll just have to make it healthier. Swapping chicken for the steak was the first step, and instead of the bread how about putting all the fillings on a plain baked potato!?
Well friends, I was right. Oh, was I right!
We loved every. single. bite of these amazing potatoes. Ground chicken, bell peppers, onion, a little cheese and TONS of flavor.. They were everything I was craving and they’re healthy-er! Please take my word for it and put these babies on your dinner menu as soon as possible. 🙂
Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes
- 4 to 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes clean with water. Dry with paper towels. Wrap each potato with foil and then pierce holes with a fork for venting. Bake potatoes for 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cooked, start on the chicken filling. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat add the ground chicken. Season with pepper and cook and crumble chicken. After about 8 minutes, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir until onion and bell peppers are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and soy sauce to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Continue to stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Carefully, slice each potato down the center and then squeeze both ends to open. Scoop chicken mixture into each potato. Top with cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy! ♥
8 thoughts on “Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Potatoes”
You are just brilliant Holly! This sounds awesome. Pinning!
Most mouthwatering baked potato I’ve laid my eyes on! Such a great twist on a cheesesteak =}
This looks and sounds absolutely amazing!!! Definitely a must try.
What an amazing idea! Perfect combination of flavors!
what a delicious looking recipe! And absolutely beautiful photography. Keep doing what you do, from one food blogger to another xx
Oh yeah…making this for sure!
absolutely love your blog!
Thanks for sharing!
My husband found pieces of foil in his potato unfortunately. If you use foil, it’s not necessary to puncture holes. For some reason my potatoes were also tough. Could be because I baked them in a toaster oven since it’s just the two of us. Next time I’ll use the regular oven.