This Chicken Fried Rice recipe is a family-favorite of ours. It has all the classic elements of fried rice with teriyaki chicken through out. Serve it with a vegetable to make it a complete and delicious meal!
It’s a good chance my Baked Sweet n’ Sour Chicken and Fried Rice recipe is what brought you to my blog. It was one of the first recipes I posted back in September 2010 and continues to be one of my most popular. 🙂
That chicken and rice has been a family-favorite for years. I make it all the time, especially for company because it is just so good! A couple years ago I made some teriyaki chicken in my crock pot, and decided to slice up the chicken and put it in the fried rice. It is so dang delicious, I thought it was time to share the recipe on the blog. It’s a cinch to make and not much different from the original.
An important thing to remember about making fried rice is to use day old/cold rice. If you use freshly cooked warm rice the mixture will be sticky and mushy. I like to cook the white rice first thing in the morning, put it in the fridge to get nice and cold, and then make the fried rice recipe for dinner. It always works out great. Just as long as it’s cold rice you’re good to go. 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this recipe. It’s a good one!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 18 oz bottle Teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked white rice day old or leftover cold rice is best
- 3-4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook chicken covered in teriyaki sauce in a crock-pot on high heat for 3 hours. OR in oven at 375 F° for 35 minutes. Once cooked, slice into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and push the mixture off to one side. Pour eggs on the other side of skillet. Stir fry until scrambled.
- Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir in cooked chicken and cook until mixture is heated through. Serve and enjoy!