You can enjoy amazing Chinese food at home with this Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried rice recipe! This is one delicious dinner!
I found the Fried Rice recipe on a website (don’t remember which one) but added my own little twist to it. I made this last night for dinner and I think we all ate it up within 10 minutes! It’s soooo good. I hope you give it a try soon 🙂
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 325° degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat, then dip into the eggs.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and pan-fry chicken pieces just until slightly browned but not cooked through. Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour evenly over the chicken. Bake chicken for one hour, uncovered. During the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve this delicious chicken with the fried rice recipe below!
Below is the greatness you will get when it’s all cooked:
- 3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3-4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet. Stir fry until scrambled.
- Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!