Super easy and delicious Chow Mein. My family loves this recipe!
I’m a sucker for Chinese food. It’s one of my guilty pleasures without a doubt! 🙂 Becoming a food blogger has opened my eyes to a whole new world of Chinese food I can make at home!
The Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken and Fried Rice, continue to be one of the top recipes on my site. You all love it as much as we do, because it’s so delicious and so much better than take-out. That being said, I know you are all going to LOVE this Chow Mein recipe! It is lip-smackin’ good! 😀
My kids loved this Chow Mein! Now when I make it, I usually double the recipe because one batch is never enough!
- 8 ounces thin chow Mein or lo Mein noodles
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 head green cabbage sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add peanut oil. Add the carrots, cabbage and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss in cooked noodles. Stir mixture to combine. Cook 1 minute to heat everything thoroughly.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with sliced green onion.