This Detox Green Smoothie is full of delicious spinach, fruit and protein. They are so yummy and good for you!
I never thought I’d say that I love green smoothies. Healthy smoothies with spinach in them?! Say what? haha But I do! They are so delicious and packed with natural vitamins from the spinach and fruit.
Over the winter break I kind of went through a rough spell with a little bit of depression. I was feeling overwhelmed with work and mom life, so I started eating like crap, slept too much and lost interest in things I normally love. Like cooking. I finally confided in my husband and my sister and they both gave me awesome advice. One of the things my sister told me to do was to start exercising and do a smoothie detox.
She suggested these Detox Green Smoothies. I gave them a try and fell. in. love. I never knew something so healthy could taste so amazing. 😉 Well, now I have become obsessed with them. In a good way. I also have my family drinking them now too. Sometimes I make them for us as a meal replacement and add a scoop of whey protein powder to them. My whole family just loves them. It makes me feel good to know I am feeding them something really nutritious and they actually enjoy it!
Detox Green Smoothie
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- splash of light orange juice
- 1½ cups fresh cut pineapple
- 2 cups tightly packed spinach leaves
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients inside blender. Cover with lid. Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!