A few simple ingredients turn Angel food cake into these wonderful Churro Bites! Dunk them in chocolate for an amazing treat!
Well the kids are back in school (hallelujah) and it seems summer is coming to a close. I really love that, I must say. Fall is my FAVORITE time of year and I am anxiously waiting to put up our Halloween decorations. haha! 😀
I thought I would bid summer adieu with a fun and simple treat that took no time at all. EASY CHURRO BITES! These babies are delicious AND only 3 ingredients. Yes!
Prepared Angel food cake is what replaces a typical homemade batter when making these easy churros. They are such amazing little treats you won’t even notice. I actually like the angel food cake versions better! They were really soft and chewy. Y.U.M.
I thought of a bunch of things I wanted to dip these in! Warm caramel, cream cheese glaze, Nutella… gah. The options are endless! 😀 I will say, these are BEST eaten fresh, straight out of the fryer. Well, not straight out of the fryer. Let them cool, but definitely eat them warm and they will melt in your mouth!
Easy Churro Bites
- 1 Sara Lee Angel Food Cake OR 1 prepared Angel Food cake we bought ours in a grocery bakery
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- If using Sara Lee Angel food cake, thaw cake completely before using!
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. Watch heat closely. You don’t want oil to get too hot.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and place on large plate or bowl. Cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Fry until barely golden-brown. Place fried churro bites onto a paper-towel lined plate to soak grease. Carefully (they’ll be hot!) toss in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve warm and enjoy with chocolate sauce, if desired.