I can’t think of a better thing to accompany a delicious Italian meal than this cheesy, buttery garlic bread. Words cannot describe how amazingly scrumptious this bread is, so please just do yourself a favor and make it. Now!
It is sinful, but so worth it. It’s topped with 3 different cheeses, low-fat mayo (gasp! I know) butter, garlic and chopped green onion. I think the green onion is what makes it amazing. This bread can really be a meal all in itself. Sometimes, I’ll just serve it with a side salad and some marinara sauce on the side for dipping. It is so filling and so good.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup low-fat Mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cheeses, mayonnaise and chopped green onion. Cover and keep in fridge until ready to use.
- Cut loaf of French bread in half lengthwise, then in half again. Making 4 equal pieces. Working with ¼ a loaf at a time, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add 1 clove of minced garlic. Place 1 of the sections of bread, face down, into the skillet. Swirl bread around to soak up the butter and garlic, and allow bread to toast very slightly. Remove bread and place on a baking sheet, face up. Repeat process with remaining butter, garlic and bread.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto each section of bread. Bake in a 425 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. About 10 minutes. Slice and serve! ♥