Mini Garlic Monkey Breads are small bundles of garlic bread perfect for kids and adults! Pair these with your favorite pasta dish for a fun and fabulous dinner.
Food that is as interactive as it is delicious might be one of the most exciting things out there! Something you get to hold in your hands while you eat is bound to bring a smile to anyone’s face. My Mini Garlic Monkey Breads are just that! These small, yet mighty, sides of garlic bread are perfect as a side to many meals or great to snack with on their own. They are as fun as a barrel of monkeys!
WHAT ARE MINI GARLIC MONKEY BREADS?
This isn’t your regular garlic bread recipe. My friends, this recipe is intended for you to get your hands involved and covered with delicious buttery garlic. Dinner rolls are quartered and bathed in butter, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. The pieces are placed together in muffin tins then baked to perfection. This creates a delicious roll meant for pulling apart and dipping.
INGREDIENTS FOR MINI GARLIC MONKEY BREADS
This list of ingredients is so simple that you’ll be in love with how easy they are to make. Each pasta night will soon be accompanied by this recipe:
-18 frozen Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed OR use 2 (7.5 ounces, each) cans refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
-6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
-3 cloves garlic minced
-2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 more Tablespoons for the tops
HOW TO MAKE MINI GARLIC MONKEY BREADS?
Begin by thawing the frozen dinner rolls. (This can take 3 to 4 hours so plan ahead!)
I prefer the frozen Rhodes Dinner Rolls and recommend them for this recipe. You can also use canned buttermilk biscuits. If you have a favorite brand or homemade recipe, give them a try!
Spray the cups of a 12-count muffin pan with non-stick spray. Quarter each of the rolls then set aside. In a separate large bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic and parsley together. Place 6 pieces of dinner rolls in the butter mixture and toss to coat. Then place the 6 coated pieces in one muffin cup. Press gently so they are snug inside.
Repeat with remaining dough pieces and garlic butter mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THESE BREADS?
These nuggets of goodness will go well with most anything! If you are serving pasta, soup, or a hearty meal and need some carbohydrates on the side then this should be your go-to recipe! Some of my favorites to serve these with are my Tomato Basil Soup, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, and Baked Spaghetti to name a few! Give this recipe a try and let me know which your favorite is to serve them with.
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES THIS RECIPES YIELD?
This recipe will fill up a 12-count cupcake or muffin pan. This will creates 6 servings (2 mini breads per serving.) It’s very easy for my family of 5 to go through an entire batch because they are that good! Doubling up the recipe is very easy if you have an entire jungle to feed.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY MONKEY BREADS TO ENJOY!
- Banana Bread Monkey Bread – Sweet pull-apart bread with fresh bananas that is perfect for something sweet.
- Cini-Mini Monkey Breads – Small and sweet monkey breads with cinnamon, sugar, and butter that everyone will love!
- Monkey Bread – Baked in a Bundt cake pan, this monkey bread is covered in melted butter, cinnamon and sugar for the perfect interactive treat.
Mini Garlic Monkey Breads
- 18 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed (OR use 2 cans (7.5 ounces, each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits)
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tablespoons for sprinkling
- Thaw frozen Rhodes dinner rolls according to package directions. (The Rhodes brand of rolls are what I use. I love them. If you don't have access to Rhodes rolls then just use canned buttermilk biscuits.)
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces. Set aside.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Place 6 roll pieces into the garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Place 6 coated roll pieces into one muffin tin; pressing down into the cup. Repeat the process until all 12 muffin tins are full. Sprinkle all the rolls with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 12 to 14 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!