Supreme Pizza Casserole is loaded with all your favorite supreme pizza toppings! This fantastic fusion will have you enjoying a slice of pizza pie from the tip of your fork.
The other night when I was making dinner for my family I had one of those lightbulb moments. While I was preparing a casserole for dinner, I was secretly wishing it was pizza. If you know me, you that pizza and tacos are usually at the forefront of my mind.
That’s when it hit me, ‘Why can’t I have a casserole that is pizza?’ My Supreme Pizza Casserole idea was born that very moment and I was really excited about it!
SUPREME PIZZA CASSEROLE
This filling meal has a base of penne pasta prepared to a perfect al dente. I chose penne for this dish because it will soak up all of the sauce in the ridges and on the inside! This dish is also loaded with ground beef, pepperoni, green bell pepper, black olives, mozzarella cheese, and plenty of pizza sauce to combine everything together. This is the dinner that you didn’t know you needed in your life!
The following list is what you need to make this amazing meal-in-one!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Pizza sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Green bell pepper
- Sliced pepperoni
- Black olives
- (feel free to add more of your favorite toppings!)
Begin by boiling a large pot of water for the penne noodles. Cook until al dente. Don’t overcook the noodles because they are going to go into the oven to cook more.
In a large pot, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any grease. Add the garlic, onion and pizza sauce then mix well to combine.
Next, gently combine the cooked, drained noodles.
Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread out evenly, then sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the top. Top cheese evenly with bell pepper, pepperoni, and black olives. Cover the pan in foil then bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and then carefully remove foil. Let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
This casserole yields 6 to 8 servings, and is so filling and flavorful. It brings in the comfort of a slice of pizza with the unique homemade touch of a casserole dish. This is a great dish to make and share with your neighbors or a family member in need of a good dinner, and a smile on their face. They are bound to light up once they see that this homemade meal takes inspiration from a pizza.
WHEN TO SERVE SUPREME PIZZA CASSEROLE
Need something new to spice things up at a birthday party? Try this recipe! If you are hosting one of your kids’ birthdays and need to serve a crowd that loves a simpler pizza then just use pepperoni, or just make it plain with only cheese. The base of penne noodles and pizza sauce is the perfect blank canvas to get creative with!
Leftovers stay good covered tightly and stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
I am happy to report that after testing my hypotheses, a cold Supreme Pizza Casserole the next day is just as delicious as a cold slice of pizza!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE FAVORITE PIZZA DISHES!
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pita Pizzas – Flavorful and fabulous personal pizzas with tender chicken, garlic, and Alfredo sauce on pita bread.
- Warm Pizza Dip – Supreme pizza toppings in a creamy and cheesy dip. It’s perfect with crisp pita or tortilla chips.
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad – Looking for a unique picnic dish? Try this pasta salad that you and your kids are going to love!
- Mexican Pizza – Two tortillas bookend this incredible pizza dish for an experience unlike anything you’ve tried before!
Supreme Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onion (or 1/2 cup freshly chopped yellow onion)
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 32 ounces pizza sauce or marinara sauce (I like the Contadina brand of pizza sauce)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded then sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cook penne pasta to al dente according to package directions; drain water then set aside.
- In a large pot, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any grease. Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and pizza sauce. Stir well to combine then remove from heat.
- Add cooked, drained penne to the beef mixture. Stir to combine then pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella cheese all over pasta, then top cheese with pepperoni, sliced bell pepper and olives.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Carefully remove pan from oven, then carefully remove foil. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!