Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is a hearty pasta soup that is best served with the ones you love. This soup is incredibly delicious, easy to make, and will have everyone running to the dinner table!
Lasagna is an indulgent pasta dish with layers of cheese, sauce, and noodles. Some days, I don’t have time or patience to make a top notch lasagna dinner. Luckily, I have my recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup on days like that. This soup is just as good as the traditional dish and it’s so much easier to make!
SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
Slow cookers are some of the best kitchen investments you’ll ever make. They make cooking as simple as throwing everything together, setting the heat and enjoying the rest of your day. This soup is no exception. Beef broth, garlic, onion, olive oil, and lean ground beef simmer together with crushed tomatoes, herbs, and spices. This combination is sure to fill your home with a smell that will get everyone’s stomach excited for dinner.
COOKING THE LASAGNA NOODLES
You can cook the lasagna noodles two ways! You can add them to the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes on low heat, or you can cook them separately in a large pot of water, then add to the soup right before you serve it. Either way works great!
SIDE DISH OPTIONS AND TOPPINGS
After it’s all finished, top each bowl off with a scoop of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of fresh Mozzarella cheese. Well, maybe a little more than a sprinkle if you’re like me. 😉
When I have extra time, I like to prepare my Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks to serve on the side. This way you’ll have something to clean your bowl with!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE SLOW COOKER PASTA RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cheese Tortellini – Plump cheese tortellini with hearty sausage in a creamy cheese sauce.
Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken – A zesty and creamy chicken dish served over egg noodles.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles – A simple, satisfying, and heart warming dish sure to fill you up.
Crock Pot Cheesy Ravioli – Soft and delicate raviolis slow cooked and served with a red sauce.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth or stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bullion granules (or 1 cube, crushed)
- 2 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken in small pieces
- Ricotta cheese
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- freshly chopped basil
- freshly chopped parsley
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to beef. Cook until beef is brown and onion is soft. Drain any grease. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked beef in a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Add the broth, both tomatoes, beef bullion, water, tomato paste, parsley, basil, and oregano. Stir well. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours OR on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- When cooking time is up, stir in the broken lasagna noodles. Cover with the lid and cook another 30 to 40 minutes on low heat, or until noodles are tender. Don't overcook the noodles.
- Serve soup warm in individual bowls with desired toppings. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!