Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles is one of the most simple, satisfying and comforting recipes. This meal is sure to warm your whole family up and keep their bellies full.
One of my families’ favorite winter activities is sledding. We love packing everyone in the car, all bundled up, and head up to the mountains. We are easily gone for a few hours having a blast in the snow. After we are done we’re usually starving! On those days, I like our dinner to be home waiting for us. Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles is my go-to recipe for this kind of day.
This dinner is so simple to throw together and is the perfect remedy after a busy day. Your kids are going to love this version of chicken and noodles. Sometimes I can’t tell what my kids are more excited about: sledding or dinner. All of the egg noodles, chicken, broth, and seasonings stew together which makes this an extraordinarily flavorful dish.
Each serving is hearty on its own but serve this with a soft dinner roll for the perfect winter meal. Your family will grin from ear to ear as this meal warms them right up.
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES THIS RECIPE MAKE?
This recipe yields 8 servings.
HOW LONG DOES IT NEED TO COOK?
Cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours. If you need it a little quicker, cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
CAN I ADD VEGETABLES?
Yes! Try adding corn, celery, onion, or cut carrots while cooking the chicken.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE SLOW COOKER FAVORITES!
Teriyaki Chicken – Tender chicken breast marinated and cooked in a teriyaki sauce.
Sweet Pork – A sweet and savory pork recipe that is perfect for tacos, burritos, and salads.
Creamy Ranch Pork Chops – Tender cutlets of pork in a creamy ranch gravy.
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – Creamy and rich soup with all your favorite bacon cheeseburger toppings.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces, each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- 4 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces dried egg noodles
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish optional
- Grease a large (7 quart) slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place chicken breasts in the bottom. Pour the two soups over the top of the chicken; spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning all over the soup. Place the butter pieces over the top, then pour chicken broth all around the chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours OR cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours. (The internal temperature of chicken needs to be 165 degrees F.)Carefully remove the cooked chicken and place on a clean surface/cutting board. (*Do not remove any of the liquid from the slow cooker.)Shred chicken with two forks. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker; then pour the dried egg noodles over the chicken. Stir to combine.
- Cover with the lid again and let egg noodles cook until tender. This will take about 30 to 45 minutes.(Mine noodles are typically tender by 30 minutes, but all slow cookers heat differently. Check for tenderness at 30 minutes.) Serve warm and enjoy! Top each serving with parsley, if desired.
Recipe adapted from: Belle of the Kitchen