Slow Cooker Sweet Pork is a breeze to make and so delicious! Serve it straight from the slow cooker in tacos, burritos, salads and more. Your family will love this pork!
Those of us that love to cook a lot sometimes just need a break from complicated recipes. Especially on crazy busy days. This Slow Cooker Sweet Pork is the perfect solution for days like that. This pork is a breeze to make. You can leave it in the slow cooker to cook all day and have juicy, tender pork by dinner time.
Slow Cooker Sweet Pork is easy and delicious served straight out of the slow cooker. It’s amazing, if not better, reheated up to three days later. You can serve this sweet and savory pork in anything from enchiladas, tacos, salads and burritos. My personal favorite is over nachos with my gooey Queso Blanco drenched over the top!
I know I always tell you guys how my family is very on the go. From last-minute adventures, to the kids constant friend hangouts and after school activities- Kale and I sometimes feel like taxi cab drivers, so that means less time to prepare dinner.
This Slow Cooker Sweet Pork is the cure for those hectic days. You can throw the pork in the slow cooker in the morning, and not have to worry about it until dinner time. Bonus, your house will smell amazing all day!
With this easy recipe you can have a variety of different dinners ready for days afterwards. Talk about efficient, cost effective and most importantly yummy!
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Slow Cooker Sweet Pork
- 3 pounds pork shoulder/butt
- 16 ounces Coca-Cola soda not diet soda, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 can 10 ounces mild red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Spray inside of a large slow cooker with cooking spray. (I use a 7 quart slow cooker)
- Place pork roast inside. Pour 8 ounces of Coca-Cola and the water around pork. (It does not need to cover roast) Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 6 hours, or on low heat 8 to 9 hours.
- Carefully remove hot pork from slow cooker and transfer to cutting board. Carefully discard liquid from hot slow cooker. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 8 ounces Coca-Cola, diced green chilies, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in slow cooker. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover with lid and cook 1 to 2 more hours on low heat.
- Serve pork in burritos, salads and tacos!
TO FREEZE: Prepare and cook slow pork as directed. Let cool completely. Place pork in two large ziplock freezer bags. Place in freezer. Stays good frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat: place frozen bags of pork in fridge to thaw for 24 hours. Place thawed pork in a large pot on stove top and cook over medium heat until fully heated through.