Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken has been a favorite recipe of my family’s for years. This hearty and delicious meal will make everyone happy and asking for seconds!
I think the first time I ever made this recipe was the year Kale and I got married. One of my sweet friends, Mary Kay, who I worked with at Rococo’s gave me this recipe one night at work.
Mary Kay and I were always swapping recipe ideas. Or at least she was always giving me ideas and I would write them all down. 🙂 Well, I ended up making this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken for dinner the following night and the rest is history. It’s been on our dinner rotations ever since.
I do have a very similar recipe already on my blog. But I have tweaked it a bit over the years and make this version always now. It’s lightened up but still tastes delicious as ever. My kids sometimes ask me to make this for their birthday dinners! They love it that much.
We like to serve this yummy chicken over all kinds of things! Mashed potatoes, rice, cauliflower rice (yum), noodles.. basically any carb! haha. It really is so delicious. I usually make green beans or a green salad to go a long side it. It truly is one of our very favorite dinners at the Lofthouse residence. 😀
P.S. For those of you that do not like to use canned cream of chicken soup, here is a homemade version I make with this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken recipe all the time. —> HOMEMADE CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mr's Dashs Original seasoning blend, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope Good Season's Zesty Italian dressing mix
- 1 block (8 ounces) low fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk as needed
- chopped fresh Parsley for garnish
- Cooked noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, etc. to serve chicken over
- Spray a large slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Lay chicken breasts in the bottom. Season with Mr's Dash's original seasoning ( I use a teaspoon or two) and a sprinkle of pepper, to taste.
- Pour cream of chicken soups and Italian dressing mix evenly over chicken. Lay the cubed cream cheese all over the tops. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low heat 5 to 6 hours OR on high heat 3 hours.
- Carefully shred chicken with two forks and mix up the sauce/gravy. If it’s too thick you can thin it out with a little milk.
- Serve over cooked noodles, rice or mashed potatoes and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!