If you’re looking for the ultimate cookie- I have it for you here! White Chocolate Chip Caramel Pretzel Cookies are loaded with all things delicious and will become your favorite cookie!
Hi there! It’s Jodi from 5 Boys Baker and I’m super excited to share these amazing White Chocolate Chip Caramel Pretzel Cookies with you today! I think I’ve mentioned before what a cookie lover I am. I am constantly baking them, always searching for new recipes to try, and even tweaking my tried and true favorites.
A few years ago I came across a cookie recipe called I Want To Marry You Cookies. I was completely intrigued and made them strictly because of the name. They absolutely did not disappoint.
I decided to take that recipe and put a different spin on them, and according to my son Zach, it was a really smart move. These White Chocolate Chip Caramel Pretzel Cookies are loaded with oatmeal, white chocolate chips, caramel bits and pretzel pieces. I promise you these did not disappoint either. The dough is just insanely good and the cookies are equally delicious.
The dark brown sugar gives these cookies an extra depth of rich flavor and when you mix the sugars and melted butter together, the aroma is heavenly. It may seem a little odd seeing cinnamon as an ingredient, but don’t leave it out. It’s barely detectable and it just adds a subtle flavor that is so good!
Now if you’re like me, when you make cookies you want to bake them ASAP and not have to wait for the dough to chill, but these cookies really need the chill time before baking them. Give them at least 30 minutes, or even 45 minutes if you can wait that long. The chill time helps the butter solidify so they don’t spread and go flat while they’re baking.
I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels, coarsely chopped (measure first, then chop)
- ¾ cup caramel bits (Kraft)
- Sea salt (optional)
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in both sugars and mix until smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and using a wooden spoon or hand mixer, stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, pretzels and caramel bits.
- Roll by hand into 24 medium-size balls or use a scoop. Sprinkle with sea salt (if desired) and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner. Put cookie sheets in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 11 to 14 minutes.
If you don’t have dark brown sugar, you can use light brown sugar and these will still be delicious. The dark brown sugar just gives these cookies a little bit richer, deeper flavor. I always keep a bag of dark brown sugar on hand just because I have a few cookies recipes that I use the dark brown sugar in.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker.com