Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff would make a great addition to your weeknight dinner rotation. It is a simple slow cooker recipe with amazing flavor! This comforting dinner is one the entire family will love!
I believe the first time I tried Beef Stroganoff as a kid was from one of those hamburger helper boxes. haha. I actually loved it! But I guess I didn’t know any better. It was what Mom could afford and I am grateful for that.
Now that my love of cooking is bigger than ever before I have tried a lot of different homemade versions of beef stroganoff. This one here –> Easy Beef Stroganoff is the recipe I make my family all the time. I always serve it with corn and my kiddos eat it right up! 🙂
Although that recipe is our favorite, I thought it was high time to find a slow cooker version. I found a few of them and tweaked them into my own and it turned out totally amazing!
Let me say one thing before I keep on going. I do NOT add mushrooms to my beef stroganoff. If my husband or kids saw a mushroom in anything I cooked they would run a mile away. haha. No, seriously they would. 😉 I know that classic beef stroganoff has mushrooms. If you would like them in this recipe you can add about 8 ounces to a pound of mushrooms in with the beef at the beginning. Easy peasy!
If you are not a fan of mushrooms, like the Lofthouse family, then leave them out and you will still love this delicious slow cooker recipe! It could not be any easier.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 packets (1 ounce, each) Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 5 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- Spray the inside of a medium slow cooker with cooking spray. ( I use a 7 quart size slow cooker).
- Place the stew meat, mushrooms (if using), onion soup mix, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce in slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Whisk to combine then stir in to meat mixture. Season with a little pepper.
- Cover with lid and let it warm up for another 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles and enjoy!