This Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a classic dish the whole family will love. It’s filled with ground beef and a mushroom sauce served over egg noodles. It is delicious!
This Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is a classic dish the whole family will love. It’s filled with seasoned ground beef and a creamy mushroom sauce served over egg noodles. Enjoy it with a veggie for the perfect meal!
My family absolutely LOVES this dish. This is a very simple, yet delicious ground beef stroganoff recipe. I withhold the plain mushrooms because my family just aren’t fans. They don’t mind the cream of mushroom sauce, but wouldn’t eat this if it were packed with mushrooms. haha.
If you are a mushroom fan, then definitely add some! 🙂 I would suggest adding half a pound of freshly sliced mushrooms to the sauce before you start to simmer it.
These easy skillet recipes are what my weeknight dinner dreams are made of. They’re so simple to prepare and from start to finish you can have this hearty meal on your table in 30 minutes. I like to serve ours with a side of broccoli and my family eats it right up.
Just a quick note- I like to simmer the beef mixture for a good 15 minutes. It gets rid of the strong sour cream scent, resulting in one fabulous savory sauce.
Traditionally, beef stroganoff is served over egg noodles, but you could serve this over any pasta of your choice. There is no going wrong with this incredible dish!
MORE DELICIOUS SKILLET DINNERS YOU MAY LIKE:
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 packet (0.87 ounce) brown gravy mix + water it calls for on package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Start by boiling egg noodles in a pot of water- as directed on package. When cooked, drain and put back in the same pot and put the lid on to keep them warm and so they won't dry out.
- While the noodles are boiling, start browning ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once cooked, drain grease.Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Give it a good stir. Add the gravy mix (+ water the packet calls for), sour cream and mushroom soup. Stir mixture. Cook on low heat and let mixture simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the dried parsley.
- Serve beef mixture over cooked egg noodles. Enjoy ♥
To reheat: thaw in fridge for up to 24 hours then reheat in a skillet over medium-high heat.