Tender sausage, cheese tortellini, juicy tomatoes and hearty spinach come together to create this delicious Slow Cooker Sausage and Cheese Tortellini. It’s comforting, hearty and easily prepared in the slow cooker!
This delicious meal-in-one is so comforting and so easy to prepare. With only a few simple steps, this sausage and cheese tortellini meal may just become your new go to.
All you have to do is brown the turkey sausage over medium heat while breaking it into small pieces. Then place the cheese tortellini into the bottom of a well-greased slow cooker, followed by the cooked sausage and the rest of the ingredients.
Be sure to place the cream cheese on the very top (so it doesn’t curdle) and then you can go about your day while the slow cooker does the rest of the work!
This slow cooker recipe is one of the rare ones where I do like to stir a few times throughout its cooking process. This ensures that the tortellini doesn’t stick to the bottom. I don’t touch it the first two hours it cooks, but after that feel free to stir just a few times before it’s done.
After it’s finished cooking, sprinkle on a cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese on top and you’re done. You now have a pot filled with a rich, creamy and comforting dinner ready to be devoured!
It’s perfect for when you’re craving some good old home-cooked comfort food and your kids will love it too!
DO YOU HAVE TO USE SAUSAGE?
If you’re not a fan of sausage feel free to use ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground chicken as a replacement!
HOW DO YOU STORE IT?
Simply keep it in an airtight container in the fridge!
HOW LONG DOES SLOW COOKER TORTELLINI AND SAUSAGE LAST?
This stays good covered tightly in the fridge for two days.
A few yummy tips:
- If you want a little extra kick to your dish, then try spicy Italian sausage!
- For extra flavor, you could also cook the sausage with some chopped onion.
- Minced garlic is always a great choice for added flavor! Throw it in when you cook the sausage.
If you liked this recipe, you may like these similar ones!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili: Tender chicken, green chilies, and hearty white beans come together is this southwest inspired chili!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff: a pot of comfort filled with savory beef and tender noodles in a mushroom gravy!
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli: Tender beef and broccoli florets simmering in a slow cooker to create this warm and hearty Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli!
Crock Pot Chicken Corn Chowder: tender chicken, potatoes, corn and more come together to create one unforgettable corn chowder!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cheese Tortellini
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage
- 1 bag (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces, each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown and crumble turkey sausage. Drain any grease.
- Grease the inside of a large (7 quart) slow cooker. Place the frozen cheese tortellini in the bottom. Spread the cooked sausage evenly over the tortellini.Pour the spinach leaves, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning over the sausage.
- Place the cubed cream cheese evenly over the top. Close the slow cooker lid. Cook on low heat for up to 5 hours OR cook on high heat 3 to 4 hours.(I let mine cook for 2 full hours, then every once in awhile I like to stir it to make sure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom.)
- After it's done cooking, sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese all over the top. Keep lid off and let it stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.Serve warm and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!