Tender chicken, green chilies, and hearty white beans come together in this southwest inspired Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. This chili is so flavor-packed and delicious you’ll consider it a slow cooker wonder!
Now, we’ve all made or tried that classic chili recipe at least once in our lifetimes. You know, the traditional one made with ground beef, tomatoes and beans all packed full of that comforting chili flavor? Yes, that one!
If you haven’t ever tried this white chicken version, you’re missing out my friends. It tastes completely different from the chili we’ve all come accustomed to, but it’s definitely a welcome change. It’s filled with hearty ingredients and southwest inspired flavors that will leave you totally satisfied! 😄
The rich and creamy broth compliments the green chilies and tender chicken perfectly, and once you load on the toppings it only gets better from there!
I personally love to add on fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, Monterey Jack cheese and some sour cream for extra creaminess, but what you put on yours is totally up to you! I know some people like to add sliced avocado and freshly squeezed lime juice to theirs, but no matter what you choose, you’ll still end up loving every spoonful! 😃
The best part about this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is that it’s easily assembled. Simply throw everything into the slow cooker so you can go about your day.
When I worked at the doctors office years ago, I used to come home on my lunch hour to start this, since it only takes about 4 to 6 hours to cook. By the time I came home from work I was greeted with the most divine aromatics and dinner was just about ready to be served!
Now that’s what I call a total weeknight winner dinner. 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces, each) white beans, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces, each) diced green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 7-quart greased slow cooker. Top chicken breasts with the onion, beans, green chilies, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Cover with lid. Cook on low heat 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Carefully remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Let it rest.In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add the flour. Whisk constantly to combine with the butter. Pour milk in slowly, while continuing to whisk until mixture is thick, creamy and combined. This should take about 5 minutes or less.Pour this mixture into the slow cooker. Stir.
- Shred chicken breasts then place back into the slow cooker. Stir gently to combine. Cover with lid and cook another 20 to 30 minutes on low or until chili has thickened.Serve white chicken chili in individual bowls with desired toppings. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!