I’m just now realizing that Cinco de Mayo is this weekend and I haven’t posted anything for the celebration. I guess these Pizzadillas (aka. Pizza Quesadillas) are kind of close to Cinco de Mayo food… they are quesadillas! ha
With Summer approaching (yay!) and the desire to not want to turn the oven on, these yummy quesadillas will probably be eaten a lot at my house. They only take a minute to prepare, pretty healthy if you ask me, and delish. Obviously, they are so versatile. You can stuff these with anything you’d like. We went veggie-style this time around and loved them!
- 8 large Whole wheat tortillas (or use flour tortillas)
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bag Turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small can sliced olives, drained and rinsed
- ½ a red onion, sliced thin
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Take one tortilla and sprinkle ¼ cup cheese on one side. Top with desired toppings. Sprinkle a little more cheese over toppings. Fold over other half of tortilla to cover toppings. Carefully place on heated griddle. Cook tortilla on each side for about a minute, or until cheese is melted. Transfer pizzadilla to a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas and toppings.
- Slice pizzadillas and serve with pizza sauce. Enjoy♥