This is my new favorite dinner. It was so good! I love a healthy meal that doesn’t taste healthy. You know what I mean? This is pure comfort food without the fat ( if you minus the cheese). This dish is a new twist on the usual Shepherds’s Pie casserole.
You don’t need to fuss over making a batch of mashed potatoes. All you do is bake some potatoes for an hour and in the meantime make this simple meat sauce on your stove top. It is really easy to do, and when it’s done you will have one fabulous meal!
Shepherds Baked Potatoes
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Tomato Soup
- 1 (8 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup cut Green Beans ( from a frozen bag or can )
- 1 cup Corn ( from a frozen bag or can)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes with water. Dry with paper towels. Drizzle potatoes with vegetable oil and then sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Poke a couple holes at the tops of potatoes with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- When potatoes have about 20 minutes left to bake, start on sauce.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain any grease. Pour in tomato sauce and soup and then sprinkle in garlic powder, onion flakes and chili powder. Stir well. Pour in milk, green beans and corn. Continue to stir and cook until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until potatoes are ready.
- Once potatoes are finished baking, carefully remove from oven and let rest a couple minutes. Cut a slit on top of each potato and then squeeze sides to open. Top each with desired amount of meat sauce. You can also add shredded cheese, sour cream and chives, but if your watching calories and fat then dont! 🙂 Enjoy!
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/