Chicken Pot Pie Baked Potatoes are absolutely delicious! The homemade creamy pot pie sauce is drenched over a hot baked potato. These will become a family-favorite at dinner time!
I think I’ve admitted on here a few times that I’m a carb-o-holic. haha. Yes, it’s true. There is just something that starchy goodness does to me. haha. I could never do one of those low carb diets because it just wouldn’t last for more than an hour. I need bread in my life AND I need potatoes! 😉
Baked potatoes are one of my favorites. I’ll take them anyway I can. Especially if they’re covered in CHICKEN POT PIE SAUCE! Oh my goodness, yes. These Chicken Pot Pie Baked Potatoes are so yummy. I found the recipe over at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe ( I just adore her and her amazing recipes) and I just knew I had to make these asap. So I did, and actually sang as I ate. No joke. They were the bomb dot com.
This sauce comes together easily and is really delicious. It’s creamy, flavorful and loaded with chicken and vegetables. #yum This is a perfect recipe to make for a yummy Sunday dinner or when you have a little extra time. The potatoes need to bake for an hour and the recipe calls for cooked chicken so plan in advance! A rotisserie chicken would actually work wonders in this. Next time I make it that’s what I am going to try!
TRY THESE OTHER AMAZING POTATO RECIPES:
German Potato Salad
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Cheesy Broccoli Twice-Baked Potatoes
Potatoes au Gratin
Chicken Pot Pie Baked Potato
- 6 medium russet potatoes cleaned and dried
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 to 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rub potatoes with oil and then wrap in tin foil. Poke a few holes through the foil and into the potato. Bake potatoes for at least one hour or until tender.
- When potatoes are done cooking remove from oven and let stand while you make the chicken pot pie sauce.
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender (not mushy!) for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly add chicken broth and whisk to combine everything. Continue to add broth and milk while whisking to make mixture smooth and to get rid of any flour lumps.
- Continue to cook and whisk mixture until creamy and smooth. Add peas and cooked diced chicken. Let simmer on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over warm baked potatoes and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
5 thoughts on “Chicken Pot Pie Baked Potato”
This was so delicious! I loved everything about it, can’t wait to make again!
This looks yummy! I think for my family I am going to try it over biscuits.
Have you ever tried this with a gluten free flour blend? I’d love to give it a try, but one of my daughters has a wheat allergy.
Try it because it is easy for weeknights and delicious. So much better than you think it will be. Definitely will make this again.
This is a big recipe for two of us, so I’m looking forward to using the chicken mixture over baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and then probably noodles, too. I’ll just freeze the chicken mixture in three dinner portions, and then thaw, heat, and serve! Thanks for this recipe; always looking for ways to cut down time in the kitchen, and I think this one will help.