The perfect party platter of nachos topped with taco-flavored chicken, black beans and lots of gooey cheese. These Smoky Chicken Nachos are delicious!
This week has been and will be chock full of celebrations! Kallen turned 6 years old on Wednesday. In case you missed his Funfetti Birthday Pancakes go check them out! 🙂 Kale’s birthday is on Sunday the 17th. We always thought Kallen would be born on his birthday, but I guess he decided he just couldn’t wait and showed up a few days early. 🙂 Which was fine by my big pregnant body. Ha! I remember when Kallen was only 4 days old I was hopping back and forth between the family room and kitchen- baking Kale’s birthday cake, and trying to take care of my newborn.
To celebrate Kale’s bday on the blog I thought I would post these AMAZING Smoky Chicken Nachos! The perfect birthday party platter of goodness. Mmmm Kale and I love us some nachos. This version is super delicious. I used ground chicken instead of traditional shredded or grilled chicken. Then top the crunchy tortilla chips with lots of gooey cheese, black beans and tomatoes. They are loaded with flavor and will be gone in no time at all. Take my word for it! 😀
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble ground chicken until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream cheese, paprika and Liquid Smoke to chicken. Gently stir to combine everything.
- In an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish, layer half of the chips, chicken mixture, beans and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle diced tomatoes and chives over the top. Serve and enjoy!