These lettuce wraps are ridiculously simple, but oh so good! I love using lettuce leaves as wraps instead of bread or tortillas when I’m trying to be a little healthier or lose weight. I sometimes do it when I’m making my favorite Cheeseburger Wrap or Sticky Finger Wraps! You could really do this with any sandwich or wrap you love! This time we went with a taco version. I used my homemade Taco seasoning and they turned out terribly good! 🙂 Seasoned ground beef, diced tomato, cheese, salsa and sour cream. How could they not be good? And you won’t even miss the tortilla!
Taco Lettuce Wraps
Taco seasoned ground beef and your favorite taco fillings wrapped inside lettuce leaves!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 heads iceberg or green leaf lettuce
- sour cream
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and onion. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to skillet. Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves in cold water to clean. Pat dry with paper towels. Take 1/3 cup of meat mixture and place in the center of lettuce leaf. Top with a little shredded cheese, tomato, salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!