These Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect no-bake summer treat and loaded with lots of gooey marshmallow! They are deliciously insane. In a good way, of course. 🙂
Rice Krispie Treats remind me of my childhood. My sisters and I used to make them all the time during the summer when we were out of school. You can find the original recipe on the back of a box of Kellog’s Rice Krispies cereal, of course, but we always added more butter and marshmallows to make the best rice krispie treats ever!
The Best Rice Krispie Treats
The best Rice Krispie Treat recipe that is loaded with extra marshmallows!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted add 6 cups mini marshmallows and salt (if using). Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispie cereal. Stir until just barely coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly into the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Squares stay good stored in a large ziplock bag for up to 2 days.