Rice Krispie Treats remind me of my childhood. My sisters and I used to make them all the time during the summer when we were out of school. You can find the original recipe on the back of a box of Kellog’s Rice Krispies cereal, of course, but we always added more butter and marshmallows to make the best rice krispie treats ever!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted add 6 cups mini marshmallows and salt (if using). Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispie cereal. Stir until just barely coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly into the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!