These taquitos, my friends, are amazing! Shredded chicken slathered in Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce, Monterey-Jack cheese and bacon, wrapped inside flour tortillas! 🙂 They are so tasty, and the flavor is unreal. These BBQ Chicken Taquitos are bound to be the hit of your next party or Football gathering!
This recipe is super simple and hardly takes any time. I love that they’re baked, not fried, and still taste so delicious! Once you’ve rolled up all that amazing filling you just pop em’ in the oven for about 12 minutes. Then you’re on your way to golden, crispy, taquitos that are packed with flavor!
We love Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce. It’s actually the only barbecue sauce I buy. The flavor and the cost cannot be beat! I used Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce in this recipe, but I’m itching to try the new Sweet Vidalia Onion and the Sweet n’ Spicy BBQ. I think they’d both be terrific in this recipe!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce (any flavor you like), divided use
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey-Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, chopped bacon and 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Gently stir to combine.
- Lay tortillas onto a flat surface. Spread 2 to 3 Tablespoons of Monterey-Jack shredded cheese down the center of each tortilla. Top cheese with 1/3 cup chicken/bacon mixture. Roll each tortilla up tightly. Place all rolled taquitos onto the baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops are golden-brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve taquitos with the remaining barbecue sauce. Enjoy!
- Yields: 12 Taquitos