Today’s been “one” of those days. It all started when my alarm went off and had to get the kids up for school. Kallen wasn’t feeling well and Kelsey was having hair troubles. ( Insert *eye roll*) So I was late dropping them off to school, which meant I was running late to my dental appointment. Not to mention the fact I’ve had a sinus infection for a week and I’m going crazy. UGH.
These are the kind of days I CRAVE sugar. I guess when I’m a stress ball sugar is what I go for. But when I’m trying to lose a few L.B’s, like now, it can be a dangerous thing. That’s where this lovely little cake comes in handy. 😀 You guys, it’s delicious, and each piece roughly around 200 calories. So you can indulge in a slice and not have to feel guilty at all!
This cake was super easy to make and really really good. Greek yogurt replaces the oil and eggs to make it extra healthy but extra moist and SO delicious! If you’re not on a diet or care about cutting back on sugar feel free to use regular ingredients instead of the sugar-free. But I suggest using the Greek yogurt. It’s a new trick I’m sure I’ll start using a lot when I make box cake mixes!
- 1 (15.25 oz) box funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 small box sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) container lite whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, Greek yogurt, and water. Mix well until combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spreading batter out evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract until thickened and no lumps remain. Fold in whipped topping. Spread frosting over cooled cake and top with lots of sprinkles. Enjoy!