On my Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad recipe I was telling you all how much I love salads and how often I make them during the hot summer months. Wraps are another favorite in our house. They hardly take any time to prepare, no oven required, and depending on what you put in them taste delicious!
These Southwest Chicken Caesar Wraps are my favorite! Tender seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, bell pepper and a few other goodies all wrapped up in a spinach tortilla. Mmmm they are awesome! All the flavors combined make for one amazing wrap. I LOVE to add Brianna’s Caesar dressing to mine. What can I say- I am a huge Caesar dressing fan. For my kids, can you guess what dressing I put in theirs? Yep, ranch. Of course. haha 🙂
What are you guys’ favorite things to make during summer time? I would love to know! 😀
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 ( 1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 large Spinach tortillas/wraps
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small can sweet corn, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle of your favorite Caesar dressing (We love Brianna's brand)
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the cubed chicken. After about 5 minutes of cooking chicken add the diced bell pepper, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Continue to stir and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center (about 10 minutes or so). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, add black beans to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until chicken is finished cooking. Then remove beans from heat. (You can also heat corn, if desired.)
- Take one tortilla and place on a large plate or clean surface. Add a portion of chicken/pepper mixture down the center of tortilla. Top with desired amount of lettuce, black beans, corn, cheese and dressing. Fold up burrito/wrap style and serve immediately. Enjoy!