I transformed my family’s favorite pizza into a super simplified version. Here my friends, is Taco French Bread Pizza! Ready in less than 30 minutes and sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds you feed it to, and that is a promise!
It’s so convenient using french bread when I want pizza, but don’t feel like making dough. The options are endless when it comes to toppings! We are Mexican food lovers to the core, so I knew adding refried beans, seasoned ground beef and loads of cheese would be amazing, and it definitely was. This is a new favorite in our house. 🙂
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use Colby and Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions. Simmer 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice french bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves on a greased large cookie sheet.
- Place refried beans into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of french bread halves. Then top evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes, black olives and green onion.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Leftovers stay good covered in fridge for 1 day.