These amazing Binge Bars have an oatmeal cookie crust with chocolate and caramel layers. They are addicting, but in a good way!
My sweet friend had surgery last week so I offered to bring her and her family dinner last Sunday. I had surgery myself not to long ago and I remember when my friends and sisters would bring over dinner it meant the world to me. So I wanted to do the same for her. I made my homemade chicken pot pie ( I really need to post that recipe) green salad, rolls and these incredible Binge Bars for dessert.
These Binge Bars are addicting, so don’t say I didn’t warn you. They have an oatmeal cookie crust with layers of milk chocolate and caramel. After they’ve cooled they stay soft and chewy! I love that in a dessert bar. They are scrumptious and it is impossible to eat just one!
This recipe makes a 9×13 inch pan so it was perfect to give half to her family and the rest for us! Even though they leave you wanting more, they are rich, so I like to cut them small. The pics show a normal square size but I even cut those in half. It’s the perfect amount to indulge in.
I promise, you will be moaning every time you eat one! 😀
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (11 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together until combined. Press 3/4 of the cookie dough mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. (It will be a thin layer) Bake or about 15 min or until lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- While the crust is baking, melt the 3 Tablespoons butter, heavy cream and caramels over very low heat. Stir constantly and only keep on low heat as this can burn easily. Cook just until just melted and smooth. Pour melted caramel mixture over warm baked crust. Sprinkle milk chocolate chips evenly over caramel.
- Crumble remaining cookie dough evenly over chocolate and caramel. Carefully place back in oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!