I’ve decided there are a few recipes on the blog that deserve a ‘re-do’. When I go through some of the very first recipes I blogged, I can’t help but cringe at the pictures. In no way am I saying I’m a professional food photographer now, but I’ve definitely learned a few things about ‘what not to do’ when photographing food.
Taking a picture of lasagna at 8:00 pm with the flash on, is one of them…
This Bowtie Skillet Lasagna was one of those recipes begging for a new picture. This is a delicious meal and a family favorite of ours! My kids love this. It’s really comforting and always hits the spot. It’s another one of those meals you can have ready in under 30 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 10 ounces Bowtie or Farfalle noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Spaghetti sauce ( I use ‘Ragu’ Traditional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Boil noodles in a large pot of water, according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Drain grease. Add cooked noodles to ground beef and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir together.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese and sour cream to the beef and noodles. Carefully stir together to combine.
- Turn heat to low, and continue to cook and stir until mixture is thoroughly heated. About 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!