Broccoli is a vegetable I add often to our meals. When I came across this recipe for broccoli stuffed chicken, I was intrigued, and knew my family would love it! 🙂 Broccoli and mozzarella cheese stuffed inside chicken breasts. They were juicy, moist and so flavorful. Lot’s of broccoli goodness going on!
These are simple to prepare, and work great for an easy weeknight meal. I saved time by using a bag of frozen broccoli, and cooked it in the microwave before I rolled it in the chicken. I wanted to make sure it would be soft and hot within the chicken. We ate the leftover broccoli with the chicken, and it was a perfect meal. Even my kids approved 🙂
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Baked, seasoned chicken breasts with cheese and broccoli stuffed inside! These are delicious!
- 3 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise (you’ll have 6 thin cutlets total)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. ( I like to buy the microwavable bag)
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Lay the 6 chicken cutlets out on a flat surface. Add one slice of cheese over the chicken and top cheese with 3-4 broccoli florets. Wrap up the sides of the chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks. (The filling may not be fully covered and that’s ok)
- Dip the chicken rolls in the egg. Let excess drip off. Then dip in the breadcrumbs to coat entirely. Place coated chicken on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
15 thoughts on “Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken”
Yummy!! I love stuffed chicken. This looks so simple and fast, not to mention delicious.
This looks so good Holly, I could literally eat something like this every night of the week!
This looks like a good recipe but I would bread the chicken first then put the broccoli and cheese in and I would also add grated cheese and I would use a little oil to coat the pan with some fresh chopped garlic and drizzle a small mixture of butter and police oil on top of each piece of chicken or it will be super dry
that is why you stuff it first then bread it and place in the oven the inside gets ooey gooey and nice and the outside crispy I also mix my broccoli with cream cheese and Parmesan then place out on the mozzarella and roll and bread it And if you make out today as recommended it does not come out dry!
Bake it as recommended it doesn’t come out dry
Hello Holly! I just found your blog a few days ago on pinterest. I must say, I LOVE your recipes! I cooked this tonight – my family raved!! The prep time and cook time was wonderful! What I love most about your recipes is they are so kitchen friendly! Please keep the wonderful menus coming! Thank you and God bless!
I made this for dinner yesterday! My husband loved it! Very good and easy 🙂
Made this for the first time ever. Usually buy in grocery store. Used baby Swiss in mine and cheddar in my hubby’s. They were absolutely delicious and much better than store. Thank you for this recipe, will make again many many more times!