Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza is loaded with grilled chicken, garlic, ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce. It’s topped off with mounds of gooey cheese for one incredible pizza!
Last week I shared an awesome French Bread recipe. It’s my new favorite bread recipe. It makes 3 loaves, so I knew I had to make some French Bread pizza with one of them! Using French bread is such an easy and convenient pizza crust.
I decided to go with a Buffalo Chicken version, and the results were…… utter deliciousness!
This Buffalo Chicken French Bread pizza is loaded with grilled chicken, garlic, ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce. Then topped off with mounds of gooey cheese. Oh my gosh. There are literally no words for this stuff. I even dreamt about it later that night, and then counted down the hours to eat it again for lunch the next day. It is insanely good!
- 1 loaf of French Bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1½ cups fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Place the French bread, cut side up, onto a large cookie sheet. Place in the oven for about 2 minutes under the broiler. Then rotate and broil another 2 minutes; just until tops of bread are slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Season the pieces of chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken into the skillet and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Add the minced garlic and continue to stir and cook for another minute. Pour in the buffalo wing sauce. Stir to coat chicken. Reduce heat to low and let mixture simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner.
- Brush 2-3 Tablespoons of ranch dressing onto each piece of French bread. Then drizzle on 2-3 Tablespoons of buffalo wing sauce. Sprinkle the fontina cheese evenly over each piece of bread. Add the chicken, spooning out all of the sauce, and spread over the fontina cheese. Cover the chicken with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven, and broil on high for 5-6 minutes (*watch closely to prevent burning) Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove bread from oven and drizzle with more buffalo wing sauce, then sprinkle with the chopped green onion and cilantro. Cut into slices and serve! ♥
Recipe slightly adapted from: How Sweet Eats