The first time I ever tasted a Chocolate Scotcheroo was at my little sister’s baby shower, 7 years ago. I took one bite, fell in-love, and immediately went up to her friend (who hosted the shower) and begged her for the recipe.
They are a rice krispie treat that are coated in a delicious peanut butter concoction, and topped with a butterscotch-chocolate topping. They are seriously so good! They’re rich too, so a little goes a long way.
Ever since my sister’s shower I’ve noticed these being served at many showers and parties I have been to. They really are delicious, and such a perfect treat for a crowd!
A delicious peanut butter rice krispie treat topped with a chocolate-butterscotch topping!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the 1 cup corn syrup and 1 cup sugar. Turn heat to medium and stir together until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the creamy peanut butter and mix well.
- Stir in the 5 cups of crispy rice cereal until thoroughly combined and coated. Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Spread evenly into the pan. Set aside and let cool about 10 minutes.
- In a microwavable-safe bowl, melt the butterscotch and milk chocolate chips at 30 second increments until melted. Stir and then pour evenly over the mixture in pan. Let stand until firm.
- Once completely cooled, cut into 2-inch bars and serve. Enjoy! ♥