Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake is loaded with a creamy cheese mixture, sautéed spinach and chicken breasts. This is a delicious low carb meal and really simple to prepare!
After Kale started working from home with me we agreed we had extra time to get in regular exercise without any excuses. We bought a gym membership and made it a habit to exercise 4 to 5 days a week. It had been a good minute since I had seen the inside of a gym, let alone got my heart rate over 100. haha. So for the last year we have been consistently going and we are both feeling a lot better. I also love that it’s something we can do together.
A long with the exercise we knew we had to change our diets to drop some weight too. We researched carb cycling and have really enjoyed it! Carb cycling is balancing out high carb days with low carb days and it has worked out so well for us. It doesn’t make me feel deprived at all. This Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake is something I make regularly now on our low carb days and it is delicious! 😀
Inside this incredible Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake is sautéed spinach, a creamy dreamy cheese mixture, and of course, chicken. It is wonderful and the flavor is so good. I like to serve it with roasted asparagus or a caesar salad and we just love it. I have been researching more of these yummy low carb dinners and plan on sharing some in the near future! But before that, make sure you try this one. It’s awesome.
Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to form thinner cutlets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breast cutlets in baking dish. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil all over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with minced garlic and Italian seasoning. Spread softened cream cheese all over the tops of chicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick skillet with the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add baby spinach. Cook and stir until spinach wilts. Place wilted spinach evenly over chicken. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese all over the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly (inside temp of chicken should be 165 degrees F.) Serve warm and enjoy!
*All ovens heat differently. Always check your chicken to make sure it’s fully cooked.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!