Penne pasta, creamy Alfredo and crispy bacon come together to create this Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne. This simple and delicious baked penne is anything but average. It’s filled with so many palate-pleasers that are sure to leave you wanting more!
I would be lying if I said this Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne recipe wasn’t one of my favorites on my blog. It’s just so creamy, cheesy and basically a pan full of comfort! What’s not to love?
If things weren’t already amazing, there’s also tender chicken and ranch flavoring to accompany all the other delicious ingredients. It’s a dish that combines all the things we love about comfort foods, and I’m totally here for it!
While this pasta dish is perfect to make year round, I especially love to make it around the colder months. There’s nothing better than sitting around the dinner table with your family on a cold night enjoying a warm bowl of this heavenly Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne.
It’s a dish the whole family will adore, and that’s coming from a mother who has a few picky eaters in her house. 😉
This baked penne also makes for the perfect take-in meal for that neighbor, friend, or family member who could use a helping hand. It’s so simple to make, comes together easily, and is always a crowd-pleaser!
This dish is so delicious and filled with hearty ingredients that it’s perfect to serve as is. But for those of you who like a little more to their meals, those would be some tasty options! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS PASTA DISHES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne
- For Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heaving whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or whole milk)
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- For Baked Penne:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped (A rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe. I also like to add a little ranch seasoning to my chicken for added flavor. This is optional.)
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 6 sliced cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- freshly chopped Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start on Alfredo Sauce: In a small bowl combine flour, heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside.In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, add butter and cream cheese. Stir with a whisk until both are melted. (When they start to melt it will look curdled at first, but it will gradually smooth out.)
- Slowly add in flour/milk mixture to saucepan. Continue to whisk until mixture starts to thicken. This takes a few minutes. Once thickened and hot, remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic powder until sauce is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- For Baked Penne: Cook penne pasta in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water and return pasta to pot. Add the cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce and ranch dressing. Carefully stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon and Mozzarella cheese evenly all over the top. (You can lightly season with pepper, if desired.)Place dish in oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until hot, bubbly and cheese is melted. Carefully remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh chopped Parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!