Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Meatballs will quickly become a dinner time favorite! The surprise cheesy center will have everyone asking for more!
You guys, these meatballs. They are amazing! I have officially claimed them as my new favorite meal and I don’t even eat meatballs. I hate the word meatball. Ha! It’s a terrible word. But seriously, when I saw the recipe for these Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Meatballs I knew I had to give them a try. I’m so glad I did!
I whipped up these Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Meatballs in no time for dinner last week. My house smelled so good as they cooked. They’re made of ground chicken, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, panko bread crumbs and STUFFED, yes STUFFED, with mozzarella cheese. SO GOOD! ( I only write in caps if I’m really trying to prove a point! 😉 )
I served ours with spaghetti, a big green salad and garlic bread. It was such a hit with my family. Who am I kidding? Anytime I make spaghetti my kids are happy campers. They could live off pasta forever. haha.
Next time, I make these amazing meatballs I think I will add them to a hoagie bun for Chicken Parmesan Meatball subs! That sounds so good. I know they’ll be amazing!
If the pictures don’t do these justice than just take my word for it. Put these on your dinner menu, asap!
- 1 pound lean ground chicken (I used 7% fat)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- ½ Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs, minced onion, parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, minced garlic and egg. Stir until combined.
- Add the ground chicken to the mixture, and gently combine (with your hands is easiest). Form the meatballs by rolling about 2 Tablespoons of chicken mixture in your hands, shaping into a ball. Press one cube of mozzarella cheese into the center of the meatball, and press mixture around it to hide cheese. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and mozzarella.
- Place the remaining panko breadcrumbs onto a large plate. Roll each meatball into the crumbs and then place in the muffin tin. You should get 12 meatballs total.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce.
To reheat: Place the frozen meatballs in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with marinara sauce. Cover and bake at 350° F. for 1 hour. Uncover and continue to bake 20 minutes or until meatballs are fully heated through.
Crock pot reheat: Place meatballs in a crock pot. Pour marinara sauce over the tops. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 4 hours.
Recipe adapted from: Dinner A Love Story