This Chicken Taco Salad is loaded with grilled chicken, corn, tomatoes and green onion over a bed of romaine lettuce. The simple dressing is what makes it extra delicious!
This Chicken Taco Salad is my most favorite salad in the universe. It is packed with so many flavors and pretty healthy, if you ask me. Grilled chicken, corn, tomatoes and green onion to name a few of the goodies on this bed of greens.
One of the great things about this salad is the delicious dressing. It’s a mixture of light ranch dressing and salsa. It is divine! If you’re not a fan of light ranch, just use regular ranch and you’ll be good to go. I just like to use light ranch when I’m being a little more calorie conscious. 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crispy Chicken BLT Salad
Doritos Taco Salad
Doritos Chicken Taco Salad
The Best Strawberry Chicken Salad
Chicken Taco Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3/4 cups light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce Shredded Thin
- 3 whole Roma tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper-Jack cheese
- 3 whole green onions Sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- Make dressing by combining the ranch dressing and salsa in a bowl. Stir. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, make the chicken: Generously season both sides of the breasts. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until deep golden brown on the outside and done in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool, then cut it into cubes.
- Cook corn according to package directions.
- To assemble the salad, pile shredded lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, corn, green onion, cilantro, and crushed chips on a big platter. Drizzle the dressing all over the top. Serve in individual bowls.
Makes 2 servings
6 thoughts on “Chicken Taco Salad”
This looks so good! I love salads, any time of year, and if it has a touch of a mexican flavor, I’m all over it.
This looks really good thank you for the recipe
I love taco salad. Especially with chicken. Looks delicious!
This was awesome! My husband who doesn’t like salads too much had a huge helping. I used seasoned tortilla strips for a crunch on top. Definitely will make this again. I will probably double the dressing for some on the side. Delicious!!!
This chicken taco salad is amazing!! we love love it! Theranch mixed with the salsa makes it so good!
I buy breaded chicken tenders for my salad.we add olives, corn, onion, several cheeses, light and dark kidney beans, guacamole, salsa, doritoes and put all items on the table individually to keep items fresh for “build your own” salad and fresh leftovers. We too, like Catalina or ranch dressing