This Chicken Taco Salad is loaded with grilled chicken, corn, tomatoes and green onion over a bed of romaine lettuce. The simple dressing is what makes it extra delicious!
This Chicken Taco Salad is my most favorite salad in the universe. It is packed with so many flavors and pretty healthy, if you ask me. Grilled chicken, corn, tomatoes and green onion to name a few of the goodies on this bed of greens.
One of the great things about this salad is the delicious dressing. It’s a mixture of light ranch dressing and salsa. It is divine! If you’re not a fan of light ranch, just use regular ranch and you’ll be good to go. I just like to use light ranch when I’m being a little more calorie conscious. 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Taco Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3/4 cups light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce Shredded Thin
- 3 whole Roma tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper-Jack cheese
- 3 whole green onions Sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- Make dressing by combining the ranch dressing and salsa in a bowl. Stir. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, make the chicken: Generously season both sides of the breasts. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until deep golden brown on the outside and done in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool, then cut it into cubes.
- Cook corn according to package directions.
- To assemble the salad, pile shredded lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, corn, green onion, cilantro, and crushed chips on a big platter. Drizzle the dressing all over the top. Serve in individual bowls.