Happy New Year! 🙂 Tis’ the season of starting diets and healthy eating for many. I am included in that bunch. I over-indulged a little too much over the holidays, so it’s time for me to lose a few lb’s as well.
This Chicken Taco Salad is my most favorite salad in the universe. It is packed with so many flavors and pretty healthy, if you ask me. Grilled chicken, corn, tomatoes and green onion to name a few of the goodies on this bed of greens.
What makes this salad so delicious is the dressing. It’s a mixture of light ranch dressing and salsa. It is divine! If you’re not a fan of light ranch, just use regular ranch and use it sparingly, if you want to keep the salad lower in calories. 🙂
Chicken Taco Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
- ¾ cups Light Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup Salsa
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning (taco Seasoning, Or Your Own Mix)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 heads Green Leaf Lettuce, Shredded Thin
- 3 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ cup Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- ½ cup Cilantro Leaves
- Tortilla Chips Of Your Choice (flavored Or Not), Crushed Slightly
- Make dressing by combining the ranch dressing and salsa in a bowl. Stir. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, make the chicken: Generously season both sides of the breasts. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until deep golden brown on the outside and done in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool, then cut it into cubes.
- Cook corn according to package directions.
- To assemble the salad, pile shredded lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, corn, green onion, cilantro, and crushed chips on a big platter. Drizzle the dressing all over the top. Serve in individual bowls.