Club Sandwiches are always a favorite at my house! Loaded with ham, turkey, bacon and more- these delicious sandwiches take hardly any time to prepare and make for a great lunch or dinner!
These Club Sandwiches are one of our favorite sandwiches. Talk about an easy, family-friendly dinner right here. My kids love these. Ham, turkey, bacon and cheese? What’s not to love!? They’re also super easy and quick to make. Perfect for family night!
Family night is a very important time for us. It’s a night that my husband and I dedicate to just our kids, making memories, and special moments for our family. We schedule it regularly on at least 2 Fridays a month. Most of the time, we will pick a theme and plan all the food and fun around that particular theme. Sometimes we’ll do “Game Night” where we play board games, be competitive and have a blast! Or sometimes we’ll do “Craft Night” where the whole family sits around the table creating art and fun projects. This time we had “Movie Night!” I think that one is our favorite. The whole family enjoys a delicious meal, and yummy treats, as we watch a good movie!
Planning our family night is always something I look forward to. My kids are always asking me when the next one is, so it shows me how much they look forward to this night too. I strive for it to be always fun and memorable for them, so I want it to go as smooth as possible. Here are a few of my tips that help me organize a great night:
Pick one night/schedule that works best for your family and stick with it! Be consistent, the kids will look forward to it and appreciate it!
No cell phones or Internet access allowed on family night. The world has become Internet obsessed (myself included). On family night, turn off those cell phones and focus on the precious present moment. Your kids will love all the attention they get from you!
A few days before, plan your theme! If you’re doing game night, pick what games you’ll play and have them ready to go. Or for movie night, ask the kids which movies they’ve been wanting to see.
As far as the menu, I usually like to pick something kid-friendly because hey, it’s all about them on this night! Sandwiches, pastas, pizza (of course!) usually go well with kids. After I’ve decided what I’ll be making I like to print a fun menu and post it on my fridge for the kids to see.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Okay, now let’s get to these sandwiches. It’s silly to even call this a recipe, but in case you’re wondering how I make these delicious club sandwiches, this is how:
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
Serves: 2 - 4
- 6 good-quality slices of bread
- ½ pound deli turkey, thinly sliced
- ½ pound deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 slices colby-jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices of tomato
- romaine lettuce
- Toast bread in the toaster, until golden-brown. Let cool completely before building sandwiches. Take one slice of bread and slather with mayo/mixture. (as much or little as you like). Top that slice of bread with 3 pieces of turkey. Top turkey with romaine lettuce and 2 slices of bacon. Take one more piece of bread and top it over the bacon. Slather that piece of bread with a little more mayo/ mustard. Add 3 pieces of ham, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and lettuce. Top with one more piece of bread. Slightly press the top of the sandwich down, to help everything stay together. Repeat same process with remaining ingredients and 3 pieces of bread. You will have 2 large sandwiches total. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and serve! Yields: 2 large sandwiches (serves 2-4)