Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is an easy dinner that your family will love. It’s simple to prepare and packed with flavor!
I’ve been using my Crock Pot like crazy lately, and I’m lovin’ it! It’s so nice to throw everything in it, and then get on with my day, smelling a delicious meal in the making!
I made this Honey Sesame Chicken last Sunday when I was waiting for my family to come home. Kale took the kiddos up to Salt Lake to visit his family, so I had my house to myself for 3 days! It was so nice! 🙂 I can’t remember the last time I had that much time alone, and I knew it would be a LONG time before it happened again, so I took full advantage of it.
I went to a movie (Maleficent, and it was so good!), organized 3 rooms in my house, and lounged around like a lazy person. It was great! 😀 Okay, so back to this chicken. It was smelling amazing and ready to eat by the time my family got home. I served it over rice and we all devoured it.
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray. Place the chicken inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion and pepper flakes. Whisk until combined. Pour over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover with lid and cook on Low for 3 1/2 hours OR on High 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- When done cooking, carefully remove chicken from crock pot and cut chicken into chunks. Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the honey sauce in the crock pot. This will slightly thicken it. Stir the chicken back into the honey sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve chicken hot with rice or noodles, and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Enjoy!