I’ve been using my Crock Pot like crazy lately, and I’m lovin’ it! It’s so nice to throw everything in it, and then get on with my day, smelling a delicious meal in the making!
I made this Honey Sesame Chicken last Sunday when I was waiting for my family to come home. Kale took the kiddos up to Salt Lake to visit his family, so I had my house to myself for 3 days! It was so nice! 🙂 I can’t remember the last time I had that much time alone, and I knew it would be a LONG time before it happened again, so I took full advantage of it.
I went to a movie (Maleficent, and it was so good!), organized 3 rooms in my house, and lounged around like a lazy person. It was great! 😀 Okay, so back to this chicken. It was smelling amazing and ready to eat by the time my family got home. I served it over rice and we all devoured it.
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Delicious and easy chicken packed with flavor!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray. Place the chicken inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion and pepper flakes. Whisk until combined. Pour over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover with lid and cook on Low for 3 1/2 hours OR on High 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- When done cooking, carefully remove chicken from crock pot and cut chicken into chunks. Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the honey sauce in the crock pot. This will slightly thicken it. Stir the chicken back into the honey sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve chicken hot with rice or noodles, and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Enjoy!