This chicken is so flavorful! It’s one of the yummiest things I’ve made in my crock pot, lately. Lemon chicken with a hint of Italian seasonings. Mmmmm so good!
I decided to pan fry it first to get a nice brown coating, and then threw it in my crock pot with some Italian seasoning, lemon juice and chicken broth. As it cooked, it filled my house with an amazing lemon scent!
We ate it with a pasta salad and veggie, and everyone loved it! Kelsey said, “Mom, this chicken is the best! Can you make it again tomorrow?” 🙂
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3-4 Large boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, cut into 3rds
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing/seasoning mix
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the chicken pieces with water, and then lightly coat them in the flour. Set aside.
- Plug in crock pot and turn setting to Low heat.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, add half of the flour-coated chicken pieces. (You don’t want to over-crowd the pan, so you’ll cook the chicken in two batches) Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown,on each side.
- (You’re not cooking the chicken all the way, just getting a golden-brown crust)
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in crock pot.
- Add the 2 remaining tablespoons of butter in skillet, and cook the remaining flour-coated chicken pieces on each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing/seasoning mix evenly over the chicken. Pour the lemon juice and chicken broth over the tops. Cover with lid, and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Either serve chicken pieces whole or shredded, with the lemon sauce/broth. Enjoy!