I woke up Sunday morning feeling ambitious.. and hungry. I was craving a yummy breakfast but none of the usual breakfast grub sounded good. I decided I needed to create something new! That’s when these Deluxe French toast sandwiches were born. I like French toast, but by no means do I love it. I order it at restaurants once in a blue moon, but usually don’t make it at home. It never turns out the way I want it to. That being said, I decided to give it another chance.
I thought stuffing some thinly sliced ham and mozzarella cheese between two pieces would be pretty dang delicious. I also topped it off with some raspberry jam. Mmmm It was so good! I can’t wait to make them again!
Deluxe French Toast Sandwiches
- ½ lb. thinly sliced Honey Ham
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 8 thick pieces French bread or Texas Toast
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Lay 4 pieces of bread out. Top each piece with 4 slices of the honey ham, then top each with one piece of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining pieces of bread.
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, milk and vanilla. Dip each sandwich carefully into the egg mixture, while holding it on both sides so the filling wont fall out. Dip again on the other side.
- Place one sandwich onto the skillet or griddle and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with jam and a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- (You can keep the sandwiches in a 200 degree F. oven to keep warm while you prepare the others)