Hello friends! I have another ridiculously easy crock pot recipe for you to try! I loved this chicken. It had tons of flavor and was a nice little change-up to the every day barbecue chicken we all make.
The recipe calls for a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and some extra additions that make it taste amazing! We ate this with a side of veggies and loved it. Next time, I think I’m going to shred the chicken and make us some BBQ Chicken Sliders with it. Oh yeah!
Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce (we like the ‘Sweet Baby Ray’s' brand)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional, and amount depends on your heat tolerance)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a large greased crock pot ( I use a 7 quart).In a medium bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir sauce and then pour over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Close with lid and cook on low heat for 3 hours. (The last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lid from crock pot and let water evaporate to thicken sauce). Serve warm and enjoy!