This Doritos Taco Salad is loaded with seasoned ground beef, black beans and more. What makes this salad so delicious is the nacho cheese Doritos chips!
My family and I love this salad. It is packed with all kinds of deliciousness. Seasoned ground beef, black beans, cheese, lettuce and don’t forget the Nacho cheese Doritos. 😀 They make the salad!
This Doritos Taco Salad comes together in just about 20 minutes tops! Salads like this are my go-to for easy and simple dinners. I especially love to make them during the summer time, so we don’t have to turn on the oven.
The version I’m sharing today is pretty basic, but absolutely delicious, and the one I typically make. Sometimes we add corn, chopped green onion and even use different dressings to mix things up. I’ve even used the Ranch flavored Doritos instead of the nacho cheese, and it’s pretty awesome with those, too.
Most importantly, with any salad, is the dressing. Feel free to use your favorite dressing! You don’t have to use Catalina dressing. Sometimes I serve it with ranch dressing too. It’s delicious either way!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Doritos Taco Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 3 to 4 Romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed then chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 large tomato, chopped OR sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups nacho cheese Doritos, broke into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Catalina dressing OR use your favorite salad dressing (we like to eat this with ranch dressing too)
- fresh cilantro, optional
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water called for on packet. Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let meat cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl add chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato and cheese. Add slightly cooled ground beef and gently toss to combine everything. Serve now, or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat. (Don’t add chips until ready to serve.)
- When ready to serve, add Doritos chips and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Serve. 🙂