Decorate Easter Sugar Cookies with jelly beans, licorice and more. The almond-scented frosting makes these cookies extra delicious!
I am beyond thrilled to be an Ambassador for Target® Grocery Essentials this year. If you know me personally, you know that I’m a HUGE fan of Target! I shop there at least once a week for all their great values and cute things. I usually head toward their holiday section first! It always has everything I need, all in one place, for any celebration. 🙂
With Easter coming upon us, I headed to Target last week to purchase some goodies for my kids’ Easter baskets. I knew Target would be the ultimate destination for my candy and baking needs. Let me just say, I was overwhelmed with all the fun things they have. I especially loved all their fun Easter Candy choices.
I purchased a few bags of the Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans and Twizzler’s Grass and whipped up these cute Easter Cookies! The Sugar Cookie Recipe comes from Target’s Recipe Collection. They are soft and so delicious!
I used the Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans to create the flowers on the cookies, and the ears on the bunnies! I also used the Twizzler’s Grass as the stem on the flowers. Super cute and super easy! Now on to these ADORABLE Easter Baskets! Target Grocery Essentials has everything you need to fill your Easter baskets to the brim! I couldn’t resist the GODIVA® Dark Chocolate Bunny. Mmmm, dark chocolate.
The Peeps have new flavors that are so good. Lemon Delight, Orange and Lime Creme. I also added some Lindt Chocolate Chick’s and more Starburst Sweet and Sour Jellybeans to each basket. 🙂 Yum! I think the kids are going to love these! Cadbury White Chocolate Mini Eggs and White Chocolate M&M’s are a few more of the candies that can only be found at Target! So head on over and get your Easter shopping done in one stop! 🙂
Wishing you all a fun and Happy Easter holiday ♥
Easter Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together, set aside.
- With an electric-mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Divide the dough in half. Flatten each half into a 4-inch disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate atleast 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sprinkle dough lightly with flour. Roll one disc of dough out on a lightly floured countertop. Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. With a 3-4 inch egg shaped cookie cutter, cut dough out. Transfer egg shapes to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies until lightly browned around edges, about 10 minutes. Let cook completely before icing.
- Stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. (You may need to add a little extra milk) Divide icing into separate bowls and stir in desired food coloring. ( I used pink and yellow and left some icing white)
- FOR BUNNY COOKIES: Spread white icing on cookie. Let dry for 10 minutes. Add two pink jellybeans for the ears. Spread a dallop of icing on the back end of bunny for the tail. Top with shredded coconut. Create two black eyes in front of bunny ears with edible black marker.
- FOR FLOWER COOKIES: Spread desired color of icing on cookie. Create flower shape with 5 to 6 jelly beans. Cut one half of a green or yellow jellybean for center of flower. Cut 1/2 inch of Twizzler grass for flower stem.