This simple Grape Salad is full of fresh, sweet grapes, tossed in a sweet cream cheese dressing, then sprinkled with brown sugar and pecans. It’s perfect for spring and summer parties, holidays, BBQs or really any occasion!
Hi there! It’s Jodi again from 5 Boys Baker and I’m so excited to share one of our favorite summer time salads with you today. Actually, we love this Grape Salad any time of the year, but I usually just make it in the summer when I don’t have to sell one of my children or take out a small loan to buy grapes (lol!). Seriously though, this salad is absolutely delicious. It’s light and refreshing and is always a crowd pleaser.
Speaking of parties, funny story about this salad. I took it to a party one time and one of our friends saw it and thought I’d brought a bowl full of olives and mayonnaise!. We laughed so hard because it actually does look just like that. Especially when you use all red grapes and have no green grapes mixed in.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 oz Cool Whip (half of an 8 oz container)
- 11-12 cups grapes (roughly 4 lbs)
- Brown Sugar for sprinkling
- Chopped pecans for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and sour cream together until smooth and creamy. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Place grapes in large bowl and pour dressing over grapes, gently toss together until grapes are evenly coated.
- Chill for a couple hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle some brown sugar and chopped pecans on top.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker