Juicy and tender chicken thighs marinated in one delicious apricot sauce. This Grilled Apricot Chicken needs to be on your next grilling menu!
You guys- this Grilled Apricot Chicken is one you need to put on your menus stat! Holy moly is it good. It is SO moist ( I hate that word so when I use it you know I mean business. lol), tender and juicy. And the flavor is outstanding. It totally knocked my food-loving socks off!
The sauce you brush on the chicken as it grills is beyond simple and so delicious. It turns a couple chicken thighs (which we’re new to even using) into one magical and mouth-watering meal. I couldn’t believe how different and flavorful chicken thighs were until trying them with this recipe. I’m a new convert for sure! 😀
Grilled Apricot Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken thighs remove skin if desired (or can use chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- coarse salt and black pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the fresh ginger, apricot preserves, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk until combined. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade and set aside.
- Preheat outdoor OR indoor grill pan to medium heat. Oil grill with a paper towel soaked with olive oil.
- Place seasoned chicken thighs on the hot grill. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn. Grill for 5 more minutes. Start brushing chicken heavily with the sauce turning after every 5 minutes until you've reached 20 minutes minutes total or chicken is cooked through in the center. Drizzle cooked chicken with remaining sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!