* I created this Italian Cheese Steak French Bread, your whole family will love, as part of a sponsored post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own. #NewTraDish
Happy Monday, my friends! I’m really excited to share today’s recipe. This French bread pizza is beyond words delicious. 🙂 I love to use French bread for pizzas, especially on week nights. It is such a time-saver and they always taste delicious!
This Italian Cheese Steak version is my new favorite. It has all the elements of a classic Italian cheese steak, but in French bread pizza form! Think steak, cheese and bell peppers tossed in creamy Ragù® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo Sauce baked on French bread. Mmmmmm!
I absolutely LOVE to use Ragù® Sauce in my recipes! My Mom used Ragù® Sauce all the time when I was a kid! They have a delicious taste the whole family will love. Because of the history I have with their sauce, I’m so excited to be a part of the Ragù® New Tra Dish challenge! I mixed and matched two classic Ragù® recipes, Italian Cheese Steak Sandwiches and Three Cheese Pizzas and turned them into this Italian Cheese Steak French bread pizzas! A New Tra Dish, if you will!
I knew the Ragù® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo would be amazing on top of this French bread pizza, and yep, I was definitely right! 🙂 It gave the pizza a great creaminess and rich flavor. Once it was out of the oven, we dug right into it. It stood no chance with us!
This recipe was ready in about 30 minutes! Perfect for those busy weeknights, or when last minute guests come over to watch a game! Everyone will love this pizza!
Start by sautéing sliced red bell peppers in some olive oil.
Once bell peppers are crisp-tender, add the sliced steak. Cook until steak is browned, then pour in half of the Ragù® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo!
Spread the remaining Ragù® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo over the 2 pieces of French bread, then top it with that luscious meat mixture…
Cover it with mozzarella and olives and pop it in the oven!
Slice it up and serve! 🙂
Italian Cheese Steak French Bread Pizza
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin (seeds removed)
- 1 pound boneless chuck steak cut into thin strips
- 1 jar 16 oz. Ragù® Cheese Creations Classic Alfredo
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 can 4 oz. sliced olives
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced bell pepper. Cook and stir pepper 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Add sliced steak to the peppers. Cook until steak is browned. Add half of the jar of Ragù® Classic Alfredo sauce to the steak and peppers. Reduce heat to low. Stir until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Slice the French bread in half, lengthwise. Place both pieces, cut side up, onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the remaining Alfredo sauce over both pieces of bread. Top each piece of French bread with the steak mixture. Top each with one cup of cheese. Spread the sliced olives evenly over the top.
- Bake French bread pizzas for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
If you’d like to get involved with Ragù® Sauce Masters you can learn more HERE.