This Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad will be the hit of your barbecue or potluck get together. This pasta salad is packed with all things delicious and coated in a teriyaki dressing!
When I think of summer I think of barbecues, pool parties and potlucks! I am definitely ready for some sunshine and long summer days. We’ve been thinking about getting one of those stand up pools for our backyards so we can swim anytime we want. That means lots of barbecues and get togethers coming our way!
This Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad is one of my very favorite pasta salads ever. I love all the flavor from the teriyaki dressing, and the textures of all the goodies inside. The mandarin oranges, dried cranberries and green onion are what make this salad so delicious, in my opinion. They just give it all the more flavor, and the easy teriyaki dressing you stir in just takes it to all kinds of amazing levels. 😀
Whenever I make this pasta salad it goes fast, and I’m always asked for the recipe. I always give the original recipe I found from my cute friend Sarah’s blog High Heels and Grills. Hers has a few more additions that I leave out, but I’m sure they would appeal to others taste buds.
One more thing, this recipe I’m sharing to today makes plenty for my family of five. But if you need to serve to a larger crowd than I suggest to double it!
MORE DELICIOUS PASTA SALADS YOU MAY LIKE:
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad
- For Teriyaki Dressing:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup prepared Teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 2 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup craisins dried cranberries
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds optional
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Whisk together to combine and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water then drain again.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour teriyaki dressing over the pasta. Gently toss to coat pasta in dressing. Cover with lid and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve add the mandarin oranges, craisins, green onions, sesame seeds (if using) and baby spinach. Toss gently to combine everything then serve immediately. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!